desk job

Friday, October 23, 2009

Showtime


Yeah, that's Lew Alcindor and yeah that's Bruce Lee. I never quite realized just how much Law from Tekken was based on the latter, and I think I just now got the gag of his first name being Marshall. Speaking of things I just got check out a couple of red hots I just ripped from Slave's 1981 album Showtime, the last from that group to feature Steve Arrington, a drummer/singer/songwriter/and later in life minister good enough to leave Slave and form Steve Arrington's Hall of Fame:


Look into that when you get the chance. First, a couple slabs o' Slave. 'Slap Shot' was the single, but I think 'Funken Town' holds up a little better three decades later:



Slave - Funken Town (1981) (buy)



Slave - Slap Shot (1981) (buy)


No comments:

Post a Comment