desk job

Monday, June 15, 2009

Razzle Dazzle


Cleaning out some more 80's funk I've got a few tracks here from the B-side of Shalamar's 1982 release Friends. Some of this is already up if you dig around a bit but I've found myself working a couple of these songs into more than a couple of mixes so take a listen.



Shalamar - Friends (1982)
Shalamar - Playing To Win (1982)
Shalamar - There It Is (1982)
Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good (1982)


Always have to commend rocking your own band t-shirt. Apologies for the skips on 'I Can Make You Feel Good'.

I didn't follow the NBA post season too closely this year, but in the spirit of the Finals I'll mention that in 1980 Shalamar reworked their song 'The Second Time Around' into a promotional release entitled 'The Sonics Came to Play' in honor of the Supersonics' 1979 championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment