desk job

Friday, September 18, 2009

Hold The Line



Today's movers and shakers come courtesy of everybody's favorite secretly Canadian legendary disco producer Gino Soccio. Maybe you knew he was Canadian. For that matter maybe you've heard these songs. I hadn't until a week ago, when browsing the Melrose Trading Post I found this copy of Soccio's 1979 album Outline staring me right back in the face:


Later a gentlemen selling jackets in another booth, who spotted the record and explained he had DJed back in the 80's, told me that back in the day that sort of thing only came by way of import at top dollar. The quality and style of his jackets got me anxious to get home and get it under the needle. If you like these go to Fairfax and Melrose on Sunday and get yourself some new threads:



Gino Soccio - Dance to Dance (1979) (buy)



Gino Soccio - Dancer (1979) (buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment