desk job

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lesson #1


According to White Pages, there are over 10,000 Lorraine Johnsons in the United States. My guess is that most of them put on their pants one leg at a time. My other guess is that most of those pants aren't shimmering gold, and my last guess is that they don't have matching shimmering gold boots to go with them:


In 1978 Saturday Night Band songwriting team Moses Dillard and Jesse Boyce got behind the decks to produce a handful of tracks for an especially talented one of the many Lo Jo's running around the country at the time. Outside of her day job as a Saturday Night Band backup singer, this Lorraine Johnson had also released her own version of a Teddy Pendergrass tune, 'The More I Get The More I Want'.

Here are my two favorite tracks from her 1978 Prelude Records release Learning To Dance All Over Again - music to contemplate the power of 10,000 golden pairs of paints to:



Lorraine Johnson - Learning To Dance All Over Again (1978)
(buy)



Lorraine Johnson - Feed The Flame (1978)
(buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment