desk job

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Gangbusters

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Gary's Gang - Let's Lovedance Tonight (1978) (buy)



Gary's Gang - Do It At The Disco (1978) (buy)



Gary's Gang - Showtime (1978) (buy)

Seen cuts from this one album served up in various other spots but most people focus on edits of the title track 'Keep On Dancin'. For my money, and by that I mean the dollar I spent a week ago, it starts with 'Do It At The Disco', which Mr. Oizo cracked open a while back (and Calling In Sick fried in a pan until the fire alarm came on).

It doesn't stop there though, title track aside. 'Showtime' falls somewhere between Earth, Wind and Fire and a 78 - 82 New York disco compilation. 'Let's Love Dance Tonight' tickles that Loose Joints spot in my brain I forget about now and them. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment