desk job

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rock Stepper

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Melba Moore - You Stepped Into My Life (1978) (buy)

One upping the Bee Gees on their own material is no small order, but the extent to which I've saturated myself with this one in the past 48 hours seems to suggest Melba Moore at least started getting close. String stabs in all the right places, airy snaps, flange guitars, clean guitars, sometimes even no guitars, and just enough bass on the off beats to keep it moving. Get your perfection fix.

P.S. If you're in Downtown LA this Sunday night, say, maybe around 8:30 I'll be at the
Downtown Independent spinning before and after screenings at the LAVMF's All Your Friends! (Part Deux). Close out the film fest the right way, and we can go car tipping after.

1 comment:

  1. Picked this 12" up several years ago and it remains one of my favs to play out. Seems to always get a good response. I especially dig the way the track takes it's time to warm up before her vocals kick in. Glad somebody finally posted it for all to enjoy! Keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete