desk job

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Can't Believe It's Hot Butter


Thought you could escape, I know, but the holidays gave me a chance to get up and out, this time up to Montreal and I've got a nice stack of records here, each individually hand inspected and certified safe for use by the Montreal-Trudeau airport security force.

Gonna start 2010 off nice and light - back in the 70's Hot Butter was keyboardist Stan Free's moogcentric instrumental band. Of all the tracks found on their two LP's, only two were original compositions (the second song posted today is one), and indeed the group is best known for their cover of 'Popcorn', originally composed and recorded by Gershon Kingsley. I didn't think I knew it, but you will probably will too.

This pair of tunes goes out to the guys at the X-ray machine who saw my Ozone and vinyl and asked if I do sampling:



Hot Butter - Slag Solution (1973) (buy)



Hot Butter - Space Walk (1973) (buy)

Just in case you deduced 'Slag Solution' must be a cover and were curious as to the original - step right this way. Happy New Year people.

No comments:

Post a Comment