desk job

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Country Clubbin


So a few months ago I people may or may not remember I shared a couple of tracks from a mean little mixtape one or more of my parents has a hand in around the time I was kickin it in diapers. My favorite song of that post was the one on which I had the least info, as in no artist or song title. Check the comments there, however, and you'll find that a buddy of mine correctly identified it as a 'It's Only Me' by one Bob James.

I can scarcely convey to you fair reader, the ecstasy I found in the cold of Montreal just after New Years, when what did I come across but a copy of Hands Down, the album from which that track was culled a couple of decades back. It is with that jubilation that today I bring you not only a fresh vinyl rip of 'It's Only Me', but also a couple of other Bob cuts. If you've ever in your life caught a second or two of professional golf coverage, imagine the ideal hole panorama / flyover / commercial break intro / outro music, and you'll be in just the right mindset for the funkier parts to hook you in:



Bob James - It's Only Me (1982) (buy)



Bob James - Janus (1982) (buy)



Bob James - Shamboozie (1982) (buy)

Now go get to work on your short game.

No comments:

Post a Comment